“75% of America’s churches have an average weekly attendance of 150 or less.” This website is a result of a burden to encourage and assist people in helping them understand the dynamics of small churches. Small churches have unique characteristics that must be understood and valued. smallChurch.com exists in order to help small churches understand the struggles and opportunities facing rural ministries.
Archive for the ‘Welcome’ Category
- A Thriving “little” church that doesn’t know any better (Drury)
- Ability to see Potential (Klassen – 1996)
- Big Ambitions, Small Church (Schirle – 1999)
- Church at History’s Hinge (Anderson – 1994)
- Dynamics of Small Church Ministry (Koessler – 1992)
- Jubilee Year of The Rural Church Program (Farley – 2004)
- Lessons from the small Church (Sanchez – 2004)
- Nature and Characteristics of the Small Membership Church (Bob I. Johnson – 2004).
- Parable of the Combines (Daman – 1999)
- Place of the small Church in Today’s World (Gangel – 1984)
- Retooling for Rural Ministry (Klassen – 1989)
- The Outback Steak Church – (Drury)
- Where are the Happiest Pastors? (Schaller – 1977)
- 2 Types of church “Dragons”
- 6 Rules for a Fair Fight
- Before you say yes – Questions to ask a new church
- Budgets – A Narrative approach
- Crafting an Expirence (Rob Bell)
- Funerals – Etiquette
- Funerals – The Eulogy
- Has ministry gotten harder over the years?
- Recommended NT Commentaries
- Recommended OT Commentaries
- Should I leave?
- Small Church Music – McIntyre
- When Things Get Ugly
- Writing your Resume